Monday, March 31, 2014

The Daily WiLL - March 31, 2014

My friend PJ posted a link on twitter to Four Elements of a Daily Writing Page in William Stafford’s Practice in which I found the concept of writing something each and every day.  This concept isn't something that was unknown or foreign to me, but in the context delivered, I thought immediately of some sort of blog that isn't collecting related, and also isn't a deadjournal.

I don't promise anything in this blog other than I will try to write something each and every day.


Today I want to focus on what I am working on.  I have three writing projects that are in various stages.

1.  The first book in a space opera series entitled "The Void Queen's Wrath".  I'm about 15,000 words in and 3/4ths the way through the narrative.  I started it in 2008.  I have the entire book outlined, as well as an outline for the other two books in the first trilogy.  I have dim thoughts of where I want to go after that.

2.  I have about 10,000 words written in "The Making of the Vuggs" which is a comedic novel which began when my friend Gabe Serrano, who is a professional sound mixer in Hollyweird, said to me one day that we should shoot a film together based on my idea of a "Reverse-Tron" action movie.  Where computer characters come out of the digital world into the real world.  A similar TV show aired on Disney or Nickelodeon called "Level Up" but my idea isn't quite what they are doing.  IN any case, the novel posits what might have happened if a bunch of talented stoners got together to make a movie.  I haven't written anything in that book since January, I'm not sure where the story can go from where it is at right now, and there really isn't a cohesive plan.  I need to do some more research on actually making a low-budget film.

3.  I started a draft of a short play with a limited cast.  I have two scenes scripted out of perhaps a half-dozen.  My idea was to have my business partner as the lead, but since I haven't spoken to him in a bit I'm not sure where that is going to lead.


When I have time to be creative I'm working on project number one.  That's the one that I really need to get finished so that I can get a second draft going.

So there it is, day one of The Daily WiLL.  Let's see how many days in a row I can actually get this out.


No comments:

Post a Comment