Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Daily WiLL - April 13, 2014

There are a lot of birthdays in my family for the month of April.  My wife's was yesterday, my step-fathers is today and my mother's is next Saturday.  I don't know what was going on in July other than Summer, but it certainly seems that people get BIIIIZY.

Tomorrow is the first night of Passover, so I hope you all have a great Pesach dinner.  We're going to one on Tuesday.  My entire family is going to Lawry's on Monday to celebrate their birthdays.  Obviously I'm not going, they have my blessing to have a great time.

My father loved food.  I doubt he would have approved of my 25+ years of lacto-ovo vegetarianism, but that's one thing that I never cared for his opinion.  In any case, when I was a younger lad I was promised for my 10th birthday that my parents would take me to the legendary Lawry's on La Cienega for prime rib.  They had been there a few times I'm sure, but I never got to go.  Not that long ago I told my mom that I remembered that I never got my meal (due to our moving from Los Angeles to San Diego shortly before my 10th birthday), and that she could transfer that promise to my wife.  She gladly agreed since she loves dead animal flesh more than anyone else I really know.  My Mom that is.  My wife and child eat meat as well, but since I do more than 3/4ths of the cooking in the house, they don't get that very often.  Unless my wife cooks bacon.  Or barbecues.  There's some corn dogs and chicken breast in the freezer, but otherwise, our kitchen is almost vegetarian.

In any case, my wife has now entered her fifth decade on the planet and to celebrate my Mother and Step-Father are taking her and my child to dinner tomorrow.  I hope they have a great time.


1 comment: