Saturday, April 26, 2014

The Daily WiLL - Saturday April 26, 2014

The best laid plans of mice...

Random Thoughts.

Watching the SNL Digital Shorts Compilation show the other night was great, I really wish they would stop censoring "Dick in a Box" though.

I hadn't seen the Eddie Murphy sketch "Prose and Cons" in quite awhile, but I remembered it nonetheless.  "KILL My Landlord.  KILL My Landlord.  C-I-L-L my land lord."

I'm browsing the bay of E for various items.  Marx Presidents figurines, Micronauts, Men of '76, and various other toys I may or may not have owned previously are the items I'm looking at today.  Many of these items say "rare and hard to find."  I don't think that if you can find over 500 of the exact same item on eBay that it's all that rare.

I'm looking for the Marx Presidents series as I mentioned.  It was an amazing line of miniature statues that the Louis Marx toy company produced from the 50's to the 70's.  There's actually several versions of each President too.  I remember getting individual figurines from Busch Gardens in the San Fernando Valley in the 70's, mostly from playing skee-ball.

Here's a great article on the old Busch Gardens in the Valley.

Here's a good page on the Marx Presidents.




















Images by Tyrone Greene
Dark and lonely on the summer night.
Kill my landlord, kill my landlord.
Watchdog barking - Do he bite?
Kill my landlord, kill my landlord.
Slip in his window,
Break his neck!
Then his house 
I start to wreck!
Got no reason --
What the heck!
Kill my landlord, kill my landlord.
C-I-L-L ...
My land - lord ...
Def!

No comments:

Post a Comment