Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Daily WiLL - Wednesday April 30, 2014

I suppose that I should explain the last post.  That is my first original short-story that I've written in several years.  I was challenged to write a short-story by my friend Jamison Reeves who you may recognize as the "nonthreatening black man" in every other commercial.  He actually calls himself that.  Anyway, Jamison is an amazing talent, and I've been slowing worming my way into his presence over the last several months as I find that his gentle prodding is more effective motivator than anything else I've experienced recently.  Anyway, so yesterday picking up the kid at school we were discussing writing, he's working on a script, and I'm slogging through my novel.   As we're talking he asks me about short stories, which I generally do not write, because my favorite types of short fiction are really Raymond Carveresque.  In that I mean utterly depressing and cynical towards the nature of human beings.  Love reading them, but I'm not in the right frame to write them.

Or so I thought.

Because this story wasn't that difficult to tackle.  It's actually a germ of an idea that I had for a one or two person play.  I may still develop that.  We'll see.  IN any case, that's why I didn't do a Daily WiLL yesterday (excuses, excuses), I was actually writing the first half of the story.  This morning I wrote the second half.  See how that works?


1 comment:

  1. RYE: 8 inch floppies. They are perfectly safe now as technology has gone so far away from them that the modern computer doesn't recognize them. Commodore 64's do. LOL Yup, George fired missles with punch cards.

    Nice to find you. If you don't want to be added to my blog roll, do let me know.

    ReplyDelete