Sunday, May 18, 2014

The Daily WiLL - Sunday May 18, 2014

Some things:

I haven't written much in the last two days.  Been busy with new Kitten.  Will tackle the space opera novel again tomorrow morning.

Today my Father would have been 67 years old.  I often wonder what my Dad would have been like had he lived past 40.  I especially wonder now that I'm 3 years past 40 myself.  I often compare myself to him, I have often tried to ensure he would have been proud of me.  I think about what kind of Grandfather he'd have been.  I wish he would have been around to deal with his Brother and Mother.  I wish he could have met Melissa.  I wish he could have seen me graduate High School and the UCLA.  I wish I could have smoked a joint with him.

Went to Olivia and Avery's combo birthday party yesterday.  I've known their mom Sasha since the early 2000's dating back to my days at SMC.  We had a Geology class together that was pretty awesome and have remained friends ever since.  Her daughters are 5 and 3 this year, and Kaylee loves playing with them.  Melissa didn't join us because she was at home with the new Kitten.

Kaylee named the new kitten Olivia, after her friend.  Which is so cute.  It's a good name, she's a good kitten.  She's tiny.  Really tiny.  She has a set of lungs on her too.  We're all having a good time.

See ya tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Your dad would have been just like Paul or Don.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In what ways do you think? I'm very interested to hear what you think Gene would have been doing these days had he lived. Fascinating really

      Delete