Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The Daily WiLL - Wednesday May 7, 2014

Yesterday I needed something to write to; music in the background wasn't really cutting it.  Melissa likes to watch movies she's seen dozens of times before when she works, and a good portion of our DVD collection is exactly that.  I actually pared down my DVD collection some years ago from a maximum of over 600 to the much more managable 350 or so.  I barely buy them anymore, preferring to download digitally or stream.  That's the wave of the future, that's my vision for entertainment going forward, being able to instantly call up any movie or tv show on demand.  We're almost there.  But I digress...

The film I chose yesterday to view, because I've seen in dozens of times, was Quentin Tarantino's Pulp Fiction.  I thought I had Reservoir Dogs, but turns out I must have sold it off, because it's not there.  Besides I've seen that movie just as many times already.  Mel's not quite as into Dogs either because it's so bloody.  I thought I would continue the QT theme with Jackie Brown today, and we'll try to do all of Kill Bill tomorrow, with Inglorious Basterds and Django Unchained to follow, neither of which Mel has even seen yet.

On top of providing entertainment the film festival gave me a theme for a new short-story which has been started.  I think I may go a bit longer with this one, so it's taking me a little longer to write.  Which is perfectly fine sometimes.  I'm not doing much writing today sadly.  The amount of output I've created recently is about the level that I'd like to do on a regular basis, so a day off here and there won't kill me.  That said, I think I'll flip over to Word now and work on something a bit more worthwhile than my blog.  Not that the blog isn't worthwhile.






No comments:

Post a Comment