Thursday, June 19, 2014

The Daily WiLL - Thursday June whatever, 2014

I have no idea what day it is.  It's Thursday.  That much I know.

June 10, 1987 my father Gene David Noetling passed away.  That date really sucks for me.  I've had a lot of weird and bad things happen since then on June 10.

On the first anniversary in 1988 it was Prom Night.  I didn't go because my Father's best friend Don DeLlamas  was having an art gallery opening that night, and I guess it was more important to me to spend time with his friends and my family, who all attended.  I recall drinking quite heavily, yes I was only 17, but hey champagne and wine you know.  Then I attended the After-Prom on a boat in San Diego Bay, which I don't remember at all.

In 2003 I almost got into a fist-fight with my colleague at work and subsequently quit that job on the spot.  It wasn't a really exciting job to begin with, and I had pretty much had it with them anyway.  The particulars aren't very interesting either.

This year we were camping by the ocean up at El Capitan State Beach.  It was awesome.  They call that campground "glamping" as in glamour camping.  I don't think it's all that, but it's pretty darn nice.

My Dad's been gone now for 27 years.  That number is really starting to hit home as there are fewer and fewer people alive who knew him.  It's only going to get worse too.  Perhaps it's time I started working on my own legacy, though I think I have somewhat of a larger footprint than he did, that's merely because I'm older now than he ever was, but three years.  Or maybe not.  Bah

`=1=`

We went to the LA Kings Rally and Parade on Monday for their second Stanley Cup win.  It's incredible that the team I've been following for a long time has finally broken through and is the dominant force in the NHL at the moment.  Who knows how long that will last?  However long it is, I'm in for the long haul.

`=2=`

Looking for a job.  Need to make some dough.  That sort of thing.

Starting to ramble.

No comments:

Post a Comment