Monday, August 11, 2014

The dAily WiLL - Monday, August 11, 2014 - RIP Robin Williams 1951 - 2014

I will never ever forget December 1987 - San Francisco, CA. The Hard Rock Cafe, me, Robin Chambers and Monica Lond-Le Blanc were eating lunch while we were on Christmas break. My dad had passed away about six months earlier so this was our first big outing...anyway, we were sat down, and at the table next to us was Robin Williams and his family. Zack was about 6 I think, and he had a GI Joe Space Shuttle. Robin got up to go get a paper from outside and came back in, and as he did, our friend Robin stopped him. She said "I'm sorry to bother you, but my name is Robin too and we just watched your Met Opera special, and you were wonderful, so thank you". He said "No problem, I'll just steal one of your onion rings!" And he did. And he was awesome. I am so shocked right now. And sad, so very very sad.


I have a feeling this is one that I'll remember for a long time.  I remember where I was when I heard John Lennon was dead (at home, my father crying his eyes out).  I remember where I was when I heard John Belushi was dead (same home, different time of day).  I remember where I was when I found out Michael Jackson was dead (just arrived at my wife's Family Reunion in Oceanside).

I was on the field for PE in 10th grade when the Challenger crashed.
I woke up to 9/11 at my apartment in K-Town.

Today we're having the apartment cleaned by a new person who is awesome so far.   Kaylee and I ran around this morning, bought Mel a new "used" Macbook and was setting that up.  Bam the news comes on at 4 pm.  Apparent suicide.  I can believe it, but I'm shocked.  


No comments:

Post a Comment